Greetings boaters, surfers, skaters, bikers and nature lovers alike. It’s not everyday that someone gives you a two-days-before-Thanksgiving present, and you may thank ThePunkSite.com and a load of very lovely bands and labels for this one.
OFFICIAL PRESS RELEASE:
It’s Like Bringing A Fork To A Gunfight
Today, ThePunkSite.com released a free, thirty-five song digital compilation through their Facebook Page (http://www.facebook.com/thepunksite?v=app_4949752878) called It’s Like Bringing A Fork To A Gunfight. You can download it in two different formats (a 128kbps version and another where most of the songs are 320kpbs for all those audiophiles out there) by simply “Liking” ThePunksite.com on Facebook. Liking the site will not only enable you download the compilation for free but will also help keep you up to date with what’s been happening in the punk world.
For It’s Like Bringing A Fork To A Gunfight. ThePunkSite.com teamed up with Paper + Plastick Records, Warbird Entertainment, Union Label Group, No Idea Records (and Southern Lovin’ PR), Sailor’s Grave Records, Kind of Like Records and a few unsigned bands to offer a varied and eclectic mix of bands from all spectrums of the punk rock genre (although, no emo).
There’s some of the best pop-punk of the year courtesy of Mixtapes, The Dopamines, The Arrivals, The Gamits and more. Post-hardcore makes an appearance through The Holy Mountain, Todos Caeran and Fiya along with some melodic hardcore from Make Do And Mend, Protagonist, and Rust Belt Lights. Psychobilly is present through The Brains and The Creepshow while folk punk is in full force thanks to Defiance, Ohio and Audio/Rocketry. Of course, there’s some straight out punk like Harbor 81, Hollowpoints, The Dreadnoughts, and Burning Streets too. Suffice to say, it’s a good mix.
On top of different styles, there are a total of four different countries represented on the compilation: United States, Canada, Germany and Sweden. Alongside many of the American bands, the compilation has total of eight Canadian acts (The Dreadnoughts, Audio/Rocketry, The Brains, The Sainte Catherines, Feast or Famine, Todos Caeran, Carpenter, and The Creepshow), Small Town Riot comes all the way from Hamburg, Germany and Tommy Gustafsson & The Idiots along with Subwaste both come from Sweden – Strängnäs and Orebro respectively.
The full track listing can be seen below.
The compilation can be downloaded here: http://www.facebook.com/thepunksite?v=app_4949752878 right now.
It’s Like Bringing A Fork To A Gunfight Track Listing
- Mixtapes – I Was A Teenage Poltergeist
- Small Town Riot – Backstreet Story
- Defiance, Ohio – Dissimilarity Index
- Tommy Gustafsson & The Idiots – Bring The Rope
- Let Me Run – Corey’s Song
- The Dreadnoughts – Cider Road
- Kings of Nuthin’ – Old Habits
- Down and Away – Downtown
- The Measure [SA] – Timburkulosis
- Audio/Rocketry -Hallelujah Halifax!
- The Gamits – Falling Apart
- VRGNS – Hide and Seek
- Protagonist – Light the Fuse
- Rust Belt Lights – Forty-Five
- The Brains – Screaming
- Subwaste – Final Blackout
- Captain, We’re Sinking – Crushed by Milwaukee’s Best
- The Sainte Catherines – We Used To Be In Love
- Feast or Famine – Locked Doors
- Burning Streets – Throwing Rocks
- Make Do and Mend – Transparent Seas
- Harbour 81 – Queen of Hearts
- Restorations – Title Track
- Shores – Robin
- Todos Caeran – Questions
- The Holy Mountain – Here Is No Exit
- Carpenter – Mean Things
- The Dopamines – My Future’s So Bright, I Gotta Wear Night Vision Goggles
- Fiya – King
- Direct Hit! – Werewolf Shame
- American Werewolves – Coffin Brothers
- The Creepshow – They All Fall Down
- The Hollowpoints – God Save Anna Nicole
- Guns on the Run – Her Blood Means War
- The Arrivals – Simple Pleasures in America