Available on DVD for $14.99.
Rapid Transit Video presents “Coming Home,” a collection of four independent kayak films that explores whitewater and surf kayaking around the world. Follow kayakers and video producers Chris Gallaway and Spencer Cooke on their adventures to; North Shore of Lake Superior, the Grand Canyon, ocean swells of Africa, Europe, North and South America, and finally to their home in North Carolina. Through these adventures we explore how waterways connect us to the earth and to other people. These are stories about getting lost, finding friends on the water, making good and bad decisions, and how coming home means as much as any part of the journey.
Four independent short films on one DVD by Spencer Cooke and Chris Gallaway:
• The North Shore: A Guide to Getting Lost
• Grand Canyon in Winter
• Interference, wave 2 “How to Go Surf Kayaking”
• Coming Home: North Carolina
Soundtrack by: Pygmy Lush, Harvey, Snack Truck, Tubers, Jon Snodgrass, The Riot Before, North Lincoln, Des Ark, Patrick Lee, We Are Willows, Cloud Cult, The Underground Railroad to Candyland, The Wapsipinicon, Bowerbirds, The Champion and His Burning flame, Morning Crash, The Ghost Orchid
A portion of proceeds from the sales of this DVD will benefit two separate non-profit organizations:
– Our VOICE, a crisis intervention and prevention agency which serves victims of sexual assault, based in Asheville, NC.
– RiverLink, an organization which spearheads the economic and environmental revitalization of the French Broad River and its tributaries as a place to live, work and play.